Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Snowbirds


It isn't really winter yet, and for some of us winter is a long way away, but I had a great new warm vest from the Phoenix Rising closing sale and the call of clean white snow beckoned me. So off I went. I didn't get a lot of shopping done at the sale. As many of you know I don't really shop that much; our inventories don't really need to hover around 100k -- at least I try and keep mine down way below that. But I did want to look as there could be a perfect closet staple to be found. Alas, while the $1 items were rezzing fine, the regular store stock, now at $25, refused to turn from gray. This could be a texture size phenomenon of course, but since the sale lasts all month there is plenty of time to revisit.



I very much love this vest though. It comes as just one attachment (spine) and is manual mod. There is a version without the hood that I haven't actually tried on yet. I can't really figure out why this was in the markdown area as it is so cute. My only guess is that while it fits me very well, there may be some "breast" issues with other shapes and sizes. And this is manual mod so for avatars not into adjustments, it might be a problem. Anyway, this comes in four very nice colors. I may go back and get another before the month is over. I love this whole look and made it into an outfit.



Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.

My photo shoot spot of the morn holds a shop of wondrous delights. New to me is this very clever lamp.  Made by Yuki Aabye, designer of the oh so popular pixellight reverse lights of a couple of years ago, it is very creative.

Pondering prose deleted. Aren't you glad?

I WILL say however that I have lost a LOT of inventory items of late, not whole sets that I have deleted by accident, but mostly the prim parts of outfits making it very difficult to put together looks. (insert sigh here) It is quite frustrating to loose things you really like.


Style Notes: 

Hair: Amacci Hair Ulrica ~ Graphite
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Jade (tone 4/br) :: 08a
Clothing: Phoenix Rising -Ultra Pink-Poofy Vest (dollarbie); [[[ SWANSONG ]]] Timeless Jeans (Midnight); CS FANDANGO CASUALS BLACK GLITTER SWEATER; INDI - Gloves black; PARADISIS Streets Girl
Shoes:
Accessories:  .:SHD: cardinal;  WoE Women's Studded Black Belt; Eat Rice Xangogz goggles (NLA)

Poses by: Amacci and the cardinal

Comments

Popular Posts