Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Be Different!

OK!  I am in a mood and I am willing to take some flack for this as I "know" others are thinking the same thing. They have told me so. Hence I am the designated messenger.

If five or seven or ten other folks have blogged the item you are featuring, you are not being original. I know you might love looking at yourself in the newest - skin, hair, dress, house etc.. I do too; trust me.

Still. Wouldn't it be a bit more creative and good for your readers --- who most likely don't just read YOUR blog -- to go out and find something new to post on?

OR -- If you really feel the need to feature something because you honestly think it is wonderful even if everyone else is blogging it -- show us a different take on the product. Add some new accessories; take photos in a new spot; be WILD; and let us know about it? Whatever. Honestly? Seeing ten avatars in the same from-the-box outfit in a studio backdrop on the feeds is simply boring. I know you guys can do more. Be true to yourself. Show us your STYLE!!!!!!

There are tons of wonderful things out there to blog about. We don't need to show the very same things over and over.

OK. Diatribe over. Chic out.

PS. Thanks for all the lovely notecards about my last post. I really do appreciate it and I am happy to read your thoughts even if you don't want to go public *wink*.

PPS: Great things are happening in the fashion bloggers group. Join and check us out!

PPPS: Busy. I will try HARD to post "pretty pictures" tomorrow.



Blogger power!  We have it. Let's use it wisely.

Comments

Ashe Anthony said…
I agree.
That is why I always check the feeds before blogging about something that I received on SL.
For example, the TRUTH dress group gift was very beautiful but I just knew that 9357448302 other people will blog about the same thing so I refrained from blogging about it.
Usually if I really like the item, I would find something different to add on the dress.

I know that no one likes old news, which is why I don't ever blog "old, overblogged" things unless I want to mix it up with something.
I think I'm being redundant here, so I'll end this post.

I am also glad that I am not the only one who feels the way that you do.
Chandni said…
agreed, and it is dicouraging for designers/creators too to see all the stuff over and over again. gives the feeling of "it's always the same getting blogged i won't even try to get in because i am not on the favorite list anway!"

i'd love to see something from smaller not well known designers not the same names all over again who already have lots of advertisement and exposure.
Anessa Stine said…
I think for some people, blogging is a way of telling their SL fashion journey, so they tend to blog whatever gets them excited or what is new to them... sure sometimes we will see an item 10, 50, 100 times... but I am willing to forgive much of it because I love to see people being enthusiastic and blogging not just for the reader (not all of us have thousands of readers) but also for themselves.
Anonymous said…
YES!!!! SOMEONE SAID IT!!!!!

Firstly, while I love reading all the different blogs, seeing what all the different bloggers have found, nothing bores me more than seeing the same hair, the same clothes, the same skin (perfect example, the latest LeLook skin) over...and over...and over...again.

There's a website I absolutely adore (nothing to do with SL) where its concept is basically..."If you love (brand X) then you'll love (brand Y)"; it gives shoppers exposure to new products in the same "style" or fashion. I would really love for someone to come up with something like this for a blog post!
Anonymous said…
Lets all blog the same thing every day YAY, LOL. Marleen said the same thing last week in her blog: http://coffeesmoke.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/thankgod/ and I am so in agreement with both you ladies. Be original people!
Myndi Meredith said…
I just recently started a blog with a dear friend of mine, and it is our mission to try and blog some of the lesser blogged about things. were constantly cruising around looking for new stores with amazing content, or old stores still cranking out the greatness that may not be getting the kudos they deserve :)Now we just have to gain a redership so we can call attention to these "not so over blogged" items. Though we certainately do appreciate the amazing items that get blogged over and over, id like to give the smaller shop a try, so hopefully they can become a destination store. i like to type an item into search on one of the syndicated feeds, to see how many times its been blogged and that helps me to decide if Im going to blog it or not.

Popular Posts