Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Slumming It



Choosing a bookmark at random from my long list of want to visit spots, I found myself at an art gallery. Atypical to say the least; it was grungy, quirky and immediately brought back memories of my parents going out "slumming".  Now they weren't really venturing into below their social class areas, it was simply a bit of irony. We had very little and it would have been difficult to move downward in the venacular of the day.

All photos lead to high rez versions if clicked.

The What's this art? gallery is a fun place. No marble floors, no glass and chrome; it's inviting. One of those little stick figure fellows walks around with clever statements hinting at tips. The paintings are hung on old canvas. I felt like I was in Soho or what I imagine Soho might be like -- or maybe a retro Greenwich  Village.

Climb the ladder to find more art upstairs (top photo). A bonus for art lovers is that the walls of the upper reaches are filled with free art.

I am wearing a new release from LARK (gift). The Tweed Dress come with three belt sizes (manual mod for tweaking) as well as a top band and jewelry. You can see it with all its pieces at Kittywitchin'. You can where the belt high or low and the skirt can become an empire mini. So many choices!  I liked the band trim but I am definitely in Fall mode so opted for a favoritie sweater from [Miseria], the Ash Cardigan - Brown and some new release dollarbie leggings from Concrete Flowers. These come in a huge pack of great Autumn colors and are a must have in my book. I added my Decoy Jully boots and for the first time, changed the trim color. Yeah!

My new hair is from Alli&Ali called Marita. The Cappuccino color is free by the voting stand and a dark cherry version is a group gift. The skin I am wearing is from Tuli, Bella in (sunkissed/br) VIP exclusive. Activate your group tag and click the giant mushroom under the tree. All skin tones are in one pack as well as other options such as brow color and clevage.

**DM Designs** Samantha Necklace in Chocolate and a small trunk from SEY (group gift NLA) made the outfit complete.


I hope you make it over to the gallery. We can all use a little art in our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts